FAQ 1. How do I become a member?
- Go to the Membership page
- Click on the type of membership - Individual or Corporate - you wish to apply for.
- Complete the online form which includes entering the name of a current RPC Member who is nominating you for RPC Membership (this is a requirement under the Club's Constitution).
- Confirm your details and proceed to shopping cart and payment either by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) or electronic funds transfer (EFT). If using EFT please include the membership invoice number on bank payment description for ease of tracking.
- The RPC executive management committee considers all new membership applications and has the right to decline any membership application as per the Club's constitution. Any membership application that is declined will result in a full refund of payment already made.
- Once membership is paid and approved, you will be eligible to receive priority booking and discounted prices for all Club events.
- Corporate Members will have nominated a person to be in charge of their account or primary contact. The renewal email will go to this person’s email address. It is important that Corporate Members keep this information updated.
- Corporate members are also featured on the Club's website and acknowledged at events - please send logo to Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership is by financial year and is renewable from July 1. Renewal notices are sent out the month prior and members encouraged to renew their annual membership by 31 August.
Note: The Rural Press Club also offers half year membership (up to 6 months) for Corporate members only when applying from 1 January to 30 June at a cost of $250.
FAQ 2. How do I check or change my details?
- Log in via the top far right corner of the home page using your user name and password.
- This will take you to My Profile section where you can
- Update your details
- Change your password
- Manage your Membership
- View your Orders / Invoices
- Check your Event Registrations
Note: If the key contact person for a Corporate Member has changed please contact the Club's Executive Officer if require assistance with updating your Member details.
FAQ 3. What if I have forgotten my password?
- Go to My Profile at top right of homepage
- Click log in. Your log in is your email address
- Click Forgotten Password
- Complete form and submit
- You will be sent an email to reset your password.
FAQ 4. I'm not a member, can I keep up to date on RPC news & events?
- Yes, simply by clicking on the non-member 'register here' link on the homepage (above Twitter feed).
- This will include your basic contact details on our database which you can manage under My Profile
- You will receive regular updates on upcoming events and news, however, only members get early notice and priority booking and discounts on events. But it's still a great way to stay in touch.
FAQ 5. How do I book for an event?
Go the Events page and follow these simple steps -
- Step 1. Log in to website - with your user name and password (see top right of homepage)
- Step 2. Click on the event - select the number of seats you desire. Note if booking an individual or group the cost of each person will depend if they are a member or non-member. If booking a table there is a set overall table price not an individual guest price. There are five (5) booking options -
- Register myself
- Register another person only
- Register myself and a group of other people (will ask how many other people in addition to you)
- Register a group of other people only (will ask how many other people)
- Register a table (you can only book one table at a time)
Note: when booking an individual, group or table you will be required to enter their first name, last name and email address. The system tries to identify if they are new or existing contacts on our database, and if are a member or non-member. If new to our database, you can select if wish for them to receive marketing emails from RPC or not. If booking a table, make sure you enter at least one name on each table - you can log back in to update / change your guests anytime up to the registration deadline for that event. See FAQ 6.
- Step 3. Complete your booking details - including your guests and any special dietary or other requirements. You can also purchase Club ties, scarves and pins at the same time. You can choose to pick up your merchandise at next RPC event for free or items can be posted at a cost of $10 (within Australia).
- Step 4. Proceed to shopping cart - there are two (2) payment options - you can pay online using your Visa or Mastercard via the SecurePay Gateway or pay by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). If paying by EFT you will receive an invoice with bank payment details - please make sure you put the RPC invoice number into the payment description line to ensure your payment is easily tracked.
- Step 5. Invoice - if paid by credit card you will automatically receive a receipt of payment. If paying by EFT, you will only receive the receipt of payment once it has been confirmed that payment received in the RPC bank account. Please note the invoice is not a tax invoice - the Rural Press Club is a not for profit organisation and is not registered for GST.
- Step 6. Check your bookings - at anytime you can check your bookings by logging onto website and go to My Profile > My Events section. If booking a table, make sure you enter at least one name on each table - you can log back in to update / change your guests anytime up to the registration deadline for that event. If booking a group or individual you cannot change the guest details later on and need to contact the Executive Officer.
Note: If you use an approved credit card including Visa and MasterCard there are the usual transaction related processing fees valued at 1.4% which will be passed on. We do not accept Diners or Amex, but you can pay by electronic funds transfer (EFT). if paying by EFT (direct deposit) please make sure you put invoice number in description line so can be easily tracked.
If still have any queries about booking for an event please contact our RPC Executive Officer on email@example.com
FAQ 6. Updating guest details on your table booking
Note - a user can only update a table booking. If a group or individual booking you will need to contact the Executive Officer.
- Step 1. Log into the website via top right of home page as the table manager (person who booked the table)
- Step 2. Click on your name in same log in spot and scroll down to see My Events (under your My Profile)
- Step 3. Go to your event booking (if you have booked two tables there will be two separate bookings)
- Step 4. Add guest names to your table – remember add first name, last name and email address.
Please note: If your guest is a new contact on our database it will ask for more details but again you only need to add name and email to proceed. There is a checkbox at the bottom you can choose to tick or not if you think your guest would like to receive emails from RPC directly. Again this is optional - if unchecked they won't receive emails.
- Step 5. Save and close event booking. Remember you can log back in at anytime up until the event registration deadline to update or add new names to your table as you wish.
FAQ 7. What is the refund policy on event bookings?
- RPC Policy is that payment must be made by the RSVP date which is usually three (3) full business days prior to the event to ensure we can finalise catering arrangements with the venue.
- Our refund policy is that cancellations received less than three (3) full working days before the event will not be refunded as the Club will have finalised catering arrangements with the venue and will have to bear the cost.
- Note for some of our larger events (such as Ekka) we do not provide refunds due to demand
FAQ 8. How do I purchase a Club tie, scarf or pin?
There are three (3) ways to purchase Club merchandise -
- Direct - at the next Rural Press Club event - see our Executive Officer at the Registration Table
- Event booking - you can select and pay for merchandise when you book online for an event as per FAQ 5
- Merchandise order - see the following instructions to order merchandise only via the website -
- Step 1. Log in to the My Profile section with your user name and password (see top right of homepage)
- Step 2. Go to the Merchandise page
- Step 3. Complete your order details to purchase Club ties ($40), scarves ($40) and pins ($15).
- Step 4. Select your merchandise delivery option - you can receive your merchandise at the next RPC event for FREE or choose to have the items posted to you at a cost of $10 (within Australia).
- Step 5. You will receive an email confirmation that your order has been received.
- Step 6. A manual invoice will be generated and sent to you by the Executive Officer and you will have two options to pay - either by Visa or Mastercard (contact Executive Officer) or via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)